Orion Assembly workers to picket UAW over two-tier wage structure

That should do wonders for quality

Orion Assembly workers to picket UAW over two-tier wage structure

Jim_Higgins

I am usually pro union but these guys are nuts if I was GM there is a good plant in spring hill tenn.

Reply to
Tom

I guess they don't realize the company is pretty much doing them a favor paying the $14 that they AGREED to.

Let them spend a couple years with no unemployment and fourteen dollars would seem ok.

The only alternative is move the factory to china, and who wants that?

Reply to
Dick Cheney

$28/hr to push screws? Seems like a little much. $14/hr is better.

GM should close the place if they don't take it.

Reply to
Canuck57

In USA you get 3 hamburgers for $14 in China you get 28 hamburgers for $14 so the wages in China may seem low but the cost of living is even lower.

Reply to
Bjorn