OXYGEN SENSOR LOCATION

Could someone please state the location of a oxygen sensor on my 1996 chevy pickup.It was scanned and it came up as : sensor one, bank one....It is a 4.3 litre, vin code "W"...I have traced the drivers side- and I did find the one in the exhast just before it turns toward the passenger side to connect into the Y--- but there is a sensor,it seems a bit larger, in the drivers side manifold just before it connects into the exhast by the firewall???? What would that be??

Reply to
sorcerer13

Shep

Are you going to replace it yourself. They are not too hard to do once you find it. Sometimes they come out hard but you do need a special socket with a slot in the side for the wires.

Reply to
Tim