1967 VIN Number Location

Does anyone know where on a 67 fastback mustang the VIN numbers are located? Is a VIN tag belong on the left side of the dash or on the drivers door? I have been looking all over this car for any kind of number and have found nothing. Knowing where to look would be helpful!

Reply to
Tom

It should be both on the drivers side dash in the window AND on the drivers door tag.

Reply to
Scott Williams

It's not behind the windshield - that's the location from 68 onwards, I believe. The VIN is stamped into the inner front fenders on the drivers and passangers sides of the car - when you lift the hood, look on the drivers side and you should see a cut-out in the fender - you should find the VIN here. If you don't find it, you'll need to remove the fenders, because there's usually the same VIN under the left and right fenders. If you still don't find them, the front inner fenders have been replaced at some time, and the number hasn't been transferred. There should also be a DATA Plate on the rear face of the drivers door (around the latching mechanism) - which should have the VIN at the top, then the codes for your car - color, body type, build date etc...

Good luck, and let us know if you find them.

Kevin

"Scott Williams" a écrit dans le message de news:aKudnUq snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com...

Reply to
elmo

snipped-for-privacy@msn.com (Tom) wrote

Before there were mandatory dashboard VIN tags there were riveted door tags (easily removed) and the VIN was also stamped on the tops of both inner fenders. On my kids' '65 they are easily visible, but I have read that at some point in the '65 model run they started stamping them on a location that is covered by the outer fender's flange when the outer fender is installed. Thus the only way to see them is to remove the outer fender.

180 Out TS 28
Reply to
180 Out

My 66 has it on the driver's side fender lip.

Reply to
Scott Williams

"Tom" wrote

I just walked out to the garage and checked my `67 Cougar (practically the same thing for most things mechanical) and it is poorly stamped on the left fender right beside the washer water bottle and on a small pop riveted tag on the back side of the left door.

Wulf

Reply to
Wulf

I concur. Working on the '66 & '67, today, I noticed the VINs on the driver's side fender lip, near the washer bottle.

Reply to
Schussener