Q: Brakes went to the floor in car what could this be?

Hi, I recently purchased a 1987 Cavalier. Yesterday when I was out driving I went to slow down, and the brakes went right to the floor and then the brake light came on. I was just barely able to get it home. What would cause this? Could it be low brake fluid, brake lines, or could it be the brakes themselves? Any help on diagnosing this, would really be appreciated! Thank You!

Reply to
Tim

Master Cylinder... that's been the cause on every Cav I've delt with. I even got rear ended by one that did this.

Reply to
Supernoma

** To email a reply, please remove everything up to and including the underscore in my email reply header.
Reply to
SgtSilicon

The brake light coming on suggests that you may have lost your brake fluid. Check you fluid. If empty, check for the leak.

Reply to
hyundaitech

Found the leak, it is the brake line on the back axle got an appointment to get it fixed this Monday Thanks to everyone who gave me help on this!

Reply to
Tim

THANK YOU!!

Reply to