Re: '80s Chevy Celebrity Wagons: Did They Come with ManualTransmission?

"Jarhead" wrote in message news:... | | "Mike Marlow" wrote in message | news:829d4$44037e01$452894e3$ snipped-for-privacy@ALLTEL.NET... | | | | "Jarhead" wrote in message | | news: snipped-for-privacy@amaonline.com... | | | | >

| | > Aahh! ROAD SALT- - The most cruel tax of all! Come down to Texas, | New | | > Mexico and Arizona to find pristine bodies that have had many | rebuilds | | > on the running gear. | | >

| | | | Argh! You don't know the half of it. | | | | Texas I liked. New Mexico just never did a lot for me. Arizona might | be | | fine, except that it's about the biggest migration point for folks | from CA | | these days, isn't it? I like the country in Arizona, and I've spent a | fair | | amount of time all over the state. I just wouldn't want to be where | | everything is suddenly turning on its ear with a mass influx of | people. It | | was a shame to watch what happened to the Denver/Boulder/Longmont area | when | | the world discovered the High Plains. Guess I'll just stay right | here, or | | I'd just be one more of that influx thing. | | | | -- | | | | -Mike- | | snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net | | | | | We influxed from Indiana to New Mexico over 30 years ago. Taught school | on the Jicarilla (Hic-ar-eeyah) Apache reservation before coming to | Texas. When I was in the Marney Corps I was stationed in Yuma Arizona. | | All three states are a major illegal alien destination. Notice the word | alien as they can't be an immigrant when they aren't legal. | | People from the republic of Kalifornia bother me as much or more than | the illegals from Mexico and points south. | | They run up the price of real estate and want to change things to the | way they were before escaping Kalifornia. When we left Indiana we wanted | to join the natives- - not conquer or change them. | | I worked part time for a couple in Yuma that HOMESTEADED a place on the | Colorado river in 1906 before Arizona was a state. She plowed the field | behind two mules as a newly wed. They were in their late 60's in 1959, | and were in as good of shape as I was. She could drink any Marine under | the table too. ;=)} | | -- | Jarhead | |

Reply to
Jarhead