Re: Tundra's Ads... ARE BULL

Actually it is Chevy that make trucks in Mexico. Ford makes 87% of the trucks it sells in the US, in the US of 90% US parts. The balance are made over across the Detroit River in Canada of 90% US parts.

mike

SnoMan wrote: >> >> >> >>>Who *does* build their own? Ford uses Navistar IIRC, Dodge uses Cummins >>>and GM uses Duramax, which was a joint venture with Joe Izusu. >> >> >> This is quite true but a Toyota HD pickup would likely sell better >> against US one with a US engine vs one designed and built by Toyota >> because if it was built in US and had a US motor too it would be a lot >> harder for Detriot to try to wave the flag and call it a import vs >> "amercain" detriot trucks that use imported parts. ----------------- >> TheSnoMan.com > > I don't know, there are a lot of people (like me) who just aren't going to > buy a Japanese truck. Doesn't matter where it was designed and built if > it says "Toyota" it's a Japanese truck. > > That being said if I have the choice between say a Ford made in Mexico or > a Chebby made in the US, I'd go with the Chebby, even though I'd really > rather have a Ford. > > (actually I want a new Studebaker!). > > Jeff DeWitt
Reply to
Mike Hunter

Greetings,

Sorry, but my Silverado is made in Indiana. And I've been in, under, around and through it and can't find much that is made in Mexico at all. Most of the parts that I can find with labels are US and Canadian. While GM does have some production and assembly in Mexico, it's not all or even most of what they build and sell. I'm sure someone here is resourceful enough to find out exactly how many are made in the US, Canada and Mexico as either a percentage of total production or overall numbers.

Cheers - Jonathan

Reply to
Jonathan