Re: Ex-GM Fans now Dogging GM?

That may be your opinion certainly but not mine. ...... The truth is every

>manufacture today is making well built, reliable, vehicles today. .... > >mike hunt >

Mike, At the end of the day you may well be correct. I hope so. I would prefer to buy American when I replace my Crapillac, but I won't unless I am convinced that what I am being sold is a better car, not a bill of goods. The reality is that a whole bunch of new car buyers, those who actually effect the bottom line, believe the Japanese vehicles to be better made and will make their buying decision based on that perception. It doesn't matter whether it is true or not. GM and Ford are going to have to walk the walk, not just talk the talk, for quite a while to reclaim the disillusioned.

Reply to
NickySantoro

Again that may be your opinion but it is not the opinion of most American buyers. The fact is GM and Ford vehicles TODAY attracts more buyers than ALL of the vehicles from ALL of the many foreign manufactures selling vehicles in the US. GM sells three times as many vehicle as the number one import brand, Toyota. Ford sell more than twice as many. Chrysler also sells more than Toyota in the US as well and Honda is a distant fifth in sales in the US. The cars one can buy today are light years improved from what was on the market ten, or even five, years ago ;)

mike hunt

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Sorry Mike. I have to killfile you. You'd rather argue than read. Be well.

Reply to
NickySantoro

What a load of crappola,, gm has nothing but problems with their dex-coolant leaking into their engines, I had my Impalla gasket replaced a mth ago, cost $1035.00 at the dealer. the dex-coolant was leaking into the engine oil. no-recalls on this very common problem from GM. They just ignore the problem.

Gm sure don't attract me.

Reply to
Jake

What year is your Impala and what engine?

Reply to
Suzuki H. Kawasaki Jr.

Reply to
Jake

Then you paid about $400.00 more than the going rate around these parts. The book only pays something like 5.5 hours plus parts for the job. Most good independent shops around here will do the job for ~$400 and the dealers are just north of $600.

Well, GM sure does attract me, for a lot of other reasons. Though, I have to admit that the intake gasket and intake plenum problems are completely inexcusable. They've gone on for too long and they are too widespread across the products to be overlooked as "one of them things". I could have overlooked the issue if GM had experienced some infant mortality problems and within the first couple of years had come up with a fix, but this has gone on too long to be overlooked.

Reply to
Mike Marlow

Reply to
Jake

I do, but I don't think that matters! I have dealt with some lousy dealers in my time. I think it had more to do with being a regular customer of that dealership, such that he was willing to go to bat for me.

Jane

Reply to
Jane

Reply to
Jake

I dealt with the dealer, not GM directly. I agree that all customers should get the same service, but a lot of it has to do with the dealer.

My being an employee doesn't cut it; I'm an hourly CAW worker, for heaven's sake!

Jane

Reply to
Jane