Re: Ex-GM Fans now Dogging GM?

From reading this newsgroup and talking to others I come in aquaintence > with

> it seems that old GM fans are now starting to whisper distgruntlements > about > GM. Not that the cars are neccesarily bad, but more about what GM is > offering which dosnt seem to be all that much unless you want to settle > for

That's pretty much it. They don't sell anything that I would buy (except for an ordinary old pickup truck). And that's saying a lot, for the world's largest automaker. I would drive an old GM car, I just wouldn't bother buying a new one. They're too boring. I'm not interested in a Sport Utility vehicle, as I find them incapable of either sport or utility. I'd rather have a cheaper, more useful truck.

GM's big mistake, in my opinion, was the failure of their rear-drive cars. All their cars were basically rental units, or you might think of them as cars made for women (I'm not one). What caused that, of course, was CAFE, but they gave up too easily. When the revival of exciting cars began, they didn't bother to make products for it. Cadillac is the exception - they were allowed to build a modern rear-drive car. None of the other divisions are allowed to compete with what I would buy. GM has tons of moder rear-drive models overseas, but Americans don't really want that.

Reply to
Joe

It might have beem more clear to say GM was trying to rid itself of its enthusiasts. They really just want to make cars for people who don't want to get excited about a car. So that explains why the "fans" are unhappy.

Reply to
Joe

Funny, my Chevy Z28 is RWD (as is of course the Pontiac Firebird). It is true they were discontinued after 2002, but the Corvette is still there. It is sport/sport vehicle, and does sport quite well. GM pickups do utility quite well I might add.

Reply to
SgtSilicon

That is not true of all American buyers. The best selling luxury and sporty type vehicles are, and have always been, RWD.

mike hunt

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Reply to