Why are all these people knocking GM ?????????

It is so funny, all these people in here talking badly about GM.

I guess it just shows in here who is the real mechanics and who is not, because if you are a real mechanic then you would love GM, Chevy and Fords. The reason being is because if you are a real mechanic you would know that GM, Chevy and Fords always have problems and as long as we have GM, Chevy and Fords, us real mechanics have job security.

If all the cars where Honda and Toyota made then we would have less mechanics and of course less work to do.

So, thank you for GM, Chevy and Fords and I pray to God they don't catch up to Honda's or Toyota's technology.

James

Reply to
james.renn

james.renn

I wish I had that much free time that I could spend it trolling on newsgroups.

Reply to
Paradox

The guys that go into other brand NGs, to denigrate that brand, are simply trying to justify to themselves why they spent so much more money to buy the brand they bought, now that they knew it was not worth all the extra money. ;)

mike

Reply to
Mike Hunter

You forgot to include the brand you buy, or do you think it will never breakdown? ;)

mike

Reply to
Mike Hunter

If they are made in Canada or Mexico then they are not American. Toyota is more American than Ford's Mustang (their Sienna has more American parts) or DCX. The current Big Three is GM, Toyota, Ford.

Reply to
Jim Higgins

You forgot to say in my opinion Do you count the majority of Toyotas made in Japan and Canada? Do you include the parts from all over the world that are sent to Canada for assembly as Canadian part of Japanese or American parts?. The fact remains 80% to 85% of all the vehicles GM and Ford sell in the US are made in the US of America parts and sport a '1' as the first number of the VIN Less than half of what Toyota sells in the US are assemble in the US. The ONLY Toyota made in the US with over 70% American parts are those made in the GM/Toyota California plant, like the Pontiac Vibe, that have a '1' as the first number of the VIN. ;)

mike

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Mom, Apple Pie and...Toyota?

Read it and weep Mikey.

Reply to
Jim Higgins

Once again you forgot to say in my opinion ;)

mike

"Jim Higgins" wrote in >

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Hmmm... Funny, at a 90 buck an hour labor rate I've ran into no shortage of imports here to work on.

Reply to
HeatWave

True and often forgotten. About 50% of Canada's big 2.5 vehicle production is shipped to the USA. Significant Canadian built vehicles, using parts from "anywhere", are the Chrysler Van and 300 lines. Previous models included the Chrysler FWD mid sized cars. I have a '95 Concord built in Canada and my wife has a '01 Sebring built in the USA. I believe the 2.7L engine in my wife's Sebring is built in Mexico.

Reply to
Some O

Objective fact is not an opinion, it is fact. EOD.

Reply to
Jim Higgins

Reply to
team3m

Reply to
80 Knight

Only those incapable of objective evaluation buy Detroit iron, especially the likes of GM.

Reply to
Jim Higgins

This crap about top posting is pedantic.

THIS is a top post.

Absolutely bullshit.

Reply to
hls

It just makes it eaiser to read a post when people post under the previous poster's comments. That's the way I find most helpful anyhow.

Reply to
80 Knight

Yawn again. You can take your Honda and follow my 5 lessons as well. Well, at least a couple of them.

Reply to
80 Knight

Anyone can assemble a product in the US, ask Samsung or Sony, yet they are still japanese products. Just follow the money and see where it ends up...Japan. Its funny how so many people want to claim a Toyota or Honda as an American product as if to convince themselve that they are patriotic and not some sellout.

Reply to
Hickabob McCrane

On Thu, 07 Dec 2006 17:39:46 -0500, 80 Knight got out the hammer and chisel and etched in the wall:

I suppose it would have helped, too, if "hls" had some reference in the post to which was being referred.

Reply to
PerfectReign