Re: GM's solution to slipping market share.

> GM to stamp corporate logo on all vehicle models > > "The GM badge is a promise of trust to our customers, reflecting our > commitment to deliver the best value to them," said Mark LaNeve, GM North > America vice president, Vehicle Sales, Service and Marketing. > > > > Forget about building a better car, come up with a new marketing angle. > Typical US big corporation.... > > >

They have much simpler solutions to the sales problem than adding a GM badge and glue. They must make their marketing types use correspondence schools! Is this for real? As one posted to this thread...Honda and Toyota must be scared shitless over this brilliant idea!

Reply to
James C. Reeves

When the badges fall off for no reason, that will be a good indicator.

Reply to
Paradox

If they put the glue/mastic on right, the "ghost" of GM will still show even after the badge falls off, I'd bet! :-)

Boy, I hear the stock took a big hit today. I haven't looked it up myself to see if it's true.

Reply to
James C. Reeves

"James C. Reeves" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com:

In a nutshell, it does not look good:

Dave Stone

Some of this is old news. But the new stuff is troubling.

Reply to
James C. Reeves

Wow. 50% stock price drop in one year with no end in sight and not attributable to external market forces.

This company is going to implode at this rate, like Chrysler did. Probably get its sorry butt bailed out, too, on the taxpayer's dollar. Serve it right if it got bought out by another company that can run it better, though.

Reply to
Joseph Oberlander

GM is too big for a bailout. They would probably go the direction of Montgomery Wards or K-Mart and downsize. Wards downsized completely. GM will pull out eventually, at a lower level.

Reply to
Al Bundy

There was an articlea on Business Week a few weeks ago about this same subject. They pointed out that GM would be a perfectly viable car company about half(?) of their current size.

Reply to
Ignasi Palou-Rivera