Re: Mercedes-Benz hit with suit

frightening.

These are different figures to ones you used elsewhere. The actual maximum in most of the USA is 0.05% Sulphur by weight IIRC which is indeed 500ppm. Ultra low sulphur fuel, which is the ONLY road diesel available in the UK has 10ppm on average From 2005 zero sulphur diesel fuel will be available. Australia has fuel with a maximum of 50ppm

The UK and most of Western Europe is now using ultra low sulphur fuel, having used low sulphur fuel for a number of years. The USA will not have ULS fuel generally available until 2006 at the earliest

US and Canadian fuel does vary markedly in sulphur content from quite low in California to very high from some Exxon refineries in the North. Paradoxically it will be these high sulphur refineries which will be first with low sulphur fuel and updating these is now at a fairly advanced stage.

Most of the biggest countries in the EU, like France and

No one uses this level of fuel contamination in Western Europe AFAIK. It has only been available for off highway equipment for the best part of a decade in the UK.

What is it with you and facts? Are you so insecure that you have to be bigger and better at everything? It is rather childish to claim that our diesel is as dirty as yours when it is plainly not. Again I have to ask why you appear to be an apologist for your oil industry? Are you employed by them as a propagandist?

Yes indeed. The latest ones from certain manufacturers are about at the same level. Older diesels produce more particulates of a greater size. There is nothing to hide. Do you think I would deny that older generation diesels and some in current production produce more soot? I am not an apologist for anything or anyone LOL.

Not compared with latest direct injection petrol engines they don't.

Benzene in diesel is at a trace level at most. Benzene in petrol is also on the decline but is certainly still a fairly major constituent of the fuel and needs some trick vacuum nozzles to prevent it poisoning the driver filling the tank LOL.

No, there are

So methane is not toxic? Is MTBE biodegradable? No. Is it an aid to leaching? Yes. Is it confirmed as a major polluter which is being cleared up at the cost of billions? Yes.

made

Slight error there. Only of spelling accuracy though, not of fact.

Short of land and food in the USA are you? ROTFLOL.

Another set of fatuous and plain silly statements. Not one of the questions answered though.

Fifties

metal,

It was well known decades before it was phased out. It was also known for decades that it was not needed in the fuel. It was only forced out by legislation which also phased in the catalytic converter.

Do you mean 'revisionism'? I had to point that out in view of you being such a stickler and all that LOL

Again your defence of what is known to be facts is amazing. You must be employed in a PR role, either directly or indirectly by the oil industry. Trying to discredit information is a basic tactic. Let me tell you that your attempts are pathetically amateurish.

I am doing quite well it seems. Well enough to get you to make quite absurd assertions and trying to deflect the argument at every turn.

"yours",

Philip will confirm that it is *your* facts[LOL] which are not facts at all. What does that make them?

Huw

Reply to
Huw

[...]

Again your defence of what is known to be facts is amazing. You must be employed in a PR role, either directly or indirectly by the oil industry. Trying to discredit information is the basic tactic of the propagandist. Let me tell you that your attempts are pathetically amateurish.

I am doing quite well it seems. Well enough to get you to make quite absurd assertions and trying to deflect the argument at every turn.

"yours",

Philip will confirm that it is *your* facts[LOL] which are not facts at all. What does that make them?

Huw

Reply to
Huw

I have given you the true Euro figures elsewhere. You again state that these are opinions. They are not. These figures are current and accurate.

Huw

Reply to
Huw

In news:3fcf8823 snipped-for-privacy@mk-nntp-2.news.uk.tiscali.com, Huw being of bellicose mind posted:

Without question. As a compromise, the TRD units are not pushing

20lbs of boost either. AS you know, bolt-ons must be compromised. Were the installation done from the ground up, the compression would be quite low and the engine's entire bottom end beefier with additional lubrication measures. I did post a link that details a TRD supercharger experience that appeared to be pretty objective on the nuts and bolts of such a project. Oh... here it is:

How is property and agriculture germain to aftermarket turbocharging of personal cars? Nice try though! ;-)

Reply to
Philip®

In news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com, Neo being of bellicose mind posted:

Let us go back to 1915. The value of forcing air into an engine with an exhaust driven drive was known....

Philip®

In news:3fcf97dd snipped-for-privacy@mk-nntp-2.news.uk.tiscali.com, Huw being of bellicose mind posted:

Let's get our nomenclature correct: ;-)

Supercharger (Kompressor): belt driven Turbocharger: exhaust driven

Reply to
Philip®

In news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com, Neo being of bellicose mind posted:

Using alcohol as a motor fuel, what are the primary three exhaust pollutants? I seem to recall formaldehyde being of concern.

Reply to
Philip®

In news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com, Neo being of bellicose mind posted:

The Rule of Unintended Consequences.

Reply to
Philip®

In news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com, Neo being of bellicose mind posted:

Ahem.... If anyone cares to see what's in a barrel of crude:

Philip®

lower

Not so. It is approx 35 sec oil. A refinery can be designed and run to provide varying percentages of this oil in relation to total output. Should more diesel be required then the refinery can be tuned to produce this more efficiently.

Huw

Reply to
Huw

"Philip®"

You miss the point. The point is that I am actually involved in sales, with no relation to agriculture, property or construction plant, on an almost daily basis. I even do a certain amount of 'cold calling' when sales are slow. I am intimately involved with motors and engines of all kinds, although I do contract major repairs out. When I have the time I do my own routine servicing on my personal small fleet.

Huw

Reply to
Huw

frightening.

These are different figures to ones you used elswhere and are even more inaccurate. The UK and most of Europe is now using ultra low sulphur fuel, having used low sulphur fuel for a number of years. The USA will not have ULS fuel generally available until 2006 at the earliest

Most of the biggest countries in the EU, like France and

No one uses this level of fuel contamination in Western Europe AFAIK. It has only been available for off highway equipment for the best part of a decade in the UK.

What is it with you and facts? Are you so insecure that you have to be bigger and better at everything? It is rather childish to claim that our diesel is as dirty as yours when it is plainly not. Again I have to ask why you appear to be an appologist for your oil industry? Are you employed by them as a propogandist?

Yes indeed. The latest ones from certain manufacturers are about at the same level. Older ones produced more particulates of a greater size. There is nothing to hide. Do you think I would deny that older generation deisels and some in current production produce more soot? I am not an appologist for anything LOL.

Not compared with latest direct injection petrol engines they don't.

Benzene in diesel is at a trace level at most. Benzene in petrol is also on the decline but is certainly still a fairly major constituent of the fuel and needs some trick vacuum nozzles to prevent it poisoning the driver filling the tank LOL.

No, there are

So methane is not toxic? Is MTBE biodegradable? No. Is it an aid to leaching? Yes. Is it confirmed as a major polluter which is being cleared up at the cost of billions? Yes.

Slight error there. Only of spelling accuracy though, not of fact.

Short of land and food in the USA are you? ROTFLOL.

Another set of fatuous and plain silly statements. Not one of the questions answered though.

Fifties

metal,

It was well known decades before it was phased out. It was also known for decades that it was not needed in the fuel. It was only forced out by legistlation which also phased in the catalytic converter.

Do you mean 'revisionism'? I had to point that out in view of you being such a stickler and all that LOL

Again your defence of what is known to be facts is amazing. You must be employed in a PR role, either directly or indirectly by the oil industry. Trying to discredit information is a basic tactic. Let me tell you that your attempts are pathetically ameteurish.

I am doing quite well it seems. Well enough to get you to make quite absurd assertions and trying to deflect the arguement at every turn.

"yours",

Philip will confirm that it is *your* facts[LOL] which are not facts at all. What does that make them?

Huw

Reply to
Huw

Huw.... I accept wire transfers, VISA, and PayPal. ( :^D

Reply to
Philip®

In news:3fcfcfcc snipped-for-privacy@mk-nntp-2.news.uk.tiscali.com, Huw being of bellicose mind posted:

Do you sell automotive products to The Public in person? Do you have to persuade The Public in person? Good thing you're not doing "cold calls" in America as recent law would have you on the short end of expensive lawsuits. LOL No doubt you've heard.

Reply to
Philip®

Yes and a limited yes.

Good thing you're not doing

My cold calls are based on intelligence, so are more 'luke warm' than 'stone cold' and usually involve professionals rather than random Joe Public in city streets LOL. Mainly I only try and sell to those that have expressed an interest or who I have intelligence which indicates a high disposable income potential.

Huw

Reply to
Huw

Sadly I have MasterCard. Oh well >sigh<

Huw

Reply to
Huw

I love those 'luke warm' sales calls!

...I also love people with high disposable income potential!

Sales is changing 'potential' into a check . I think you guys across the pond may spell 'check' a tad different, but you get the drift!

Sales is what makes the world go around. If it isn't sold...nobody works

Scott in Florida

Reply to
Scott in Fla

Technically, Philip, they are both superchargers, since they supercharge the engine with combustion air. They can be either driven mechanically or by exhaust gas. For reference, I will quote the website to which you referred us all in the previous post. "The first exhaust-driven supercharger . . ."

Dan

Reply to
Dan Gates

In news:3fd04a19 snipped-for-privacy@mk-nntp-2.news.uk.tiscali.com, Huw being of bellicose mind posted:

Retail is retail no matter the locale. (argh). "high disposable income..." Ever have any luck selling to a poor person? LOL.

Reply to
Philip®

Obviously, this is 2003, not 1915. Go to a speed shop and using current vernacular, ask the counterman to show your a "supercharger." See what they hand you. LOL.

Reply to
Philip®