Re: Please Help - 94 Cavalier won't start after repair

1994 Cavalier 2.2L with 112K miles

> > My car recently developed a gas smell in the cabin which I determined > was caused by a leaking fuel-injector O-ring. I removed the upper > intake manifold and replaced the O-rings(I replaced the o-rings for > all 4 injectors while I had the car apart) with no problems. However, > after I put everything back again the car wouldn't start. The car > would crank, sputter/shake a couple times and then stall. Afterwords > there was a strong gas smell which I'm guessing was unburned fuel. I > double and triple checked all of the sensors and electrical connectors > on the manifold but I couldn't find any obvious problems. The next > day I tried to start the car again but all it would do is crank with > no sputtering at all but there was still a gas smell. Over the past > couple days I've checked the battery, spark plugs/wires and they seem > to be fine. I also tested the spark and it looks ok. This car uses a > distributor-less ignition system which is located on the backside of > the engine so I haven't been able to test all the components yet, but > I don't see how the coils or module could go bad just sitting there. > The car started up perfectly before I replaced the o-rings. > > Any help at all would be apprecia

Better check the new o rings it is very easy to roll them (twist) without knowing.

Rey

Reply to
Reynaud

I'd suspect maybe one of the O-rings isn't on quite right, and it's leaking fuel past the injector and flooding the engine.

Reply to
Robert Hancock