Re: Price fixing among tire manufacturers

Do "tire brands" matter any more ?

Years ago, it was Goodyear, Firestone, Goodrich. Now, there seem to be dozens of brands. In a given price range, all offer similar warantees.

Last time I needed tires, my dealer quoted three price ranges; At one time I would've spent days fretting over charts, comparisons, fine print, warrantees, etc.... Now, I just say "Put 'em on".

Of course, I don't care about what brand spark plug, oil filter, or gasoline either.....

Reply to
Anonymous