SHOCKING

I remember reading recent postings re the poor quality of MONROE shocks, struts, etc.

And yet, most local auto shop chains; SEARS, MIDAS, BrakeMaster, WesternAuto, Checker, etc. all feature Monroe shocks or struts.

I'd like to think that any shop does what they can to avoid callbacks, or warranty work. ( they're expensive, and they're bad for business )

So, if Monroes have a bad rep, why feature them in repairs ?

Reply to
Anonymous

I remember reading recent postings

To answer that you would have to know the store's profit margin for buying and installing Monroe shocks and then compare to other brands. If a shop advertises 4 shocks/struts with installation for $200, then they won't be using Koni. Its probable that most customers don't care about shocks. They just want the cheapest ones with the greatest hype.

Reply to
=?x-user-defined?Q?=AB?= Paul

Well, if it's hype you're after, Koni's sure the right brand for you.

Reply to
Rob

Because most people don't know when the shock they are riding on is bad until it's really bad. They have no clue that the replacement strut should have gone longer than it did. Many don't even keep the car long enough to see failure at the level of requiring another replacement.

Reply to
Mike Marlow

Hmmm... I rarely, if ever, see Koni's advertised here in Houston, Texas,= US. It may be a regional marketing thing. Perhaps Koni targets your part of = the world?

Reply to
=?x-user-defined?Q?=AB?= Paul

My '95 Chrysler Concord's shocks at 80K miles and 11 yrs on not smooth pavement driving aren't quite as new, but they still do a very good job. In a few yrs if I decide to keep this well wearing car a bit longer I'll probably replace them. It's my understanding this car has Munroe shocks all around. I find it "shocking" that after all this use they are still very serviceable. BTW I'm not a timid driver. How I remember shocks of the 60s and 70s being shot at 20K miles.

Reply to
Spam Hater