Should computer be re-programmed after engine swap?

1997 Monte Carlo had engine from 1997 Olds Cutlass installed. Engine runs flat, does not respond when shifting from first to second or second to third gear. Problem occurs about 40% of the time, if you lift off the gas and re-accelerate it clears itself. Mechanic said it was due to low fuel pressure and replaced the fuel pump assembly,filters and fuel rail and injectors. Does the EEEPROM need to be re-programmed to fix this problem. Any advice would be appreciated.
Reply to
MCCHEVY97

That would be advisable, IMO

mike hunt

Reply to
MajorDomo

I'm with mike. Except I wouldn't "reprogram" the PROM, I would just grab the PROM from the car the engine came from and put it in your PCM.

Which engine it is?

Steve

Reply to
Steve Mackie