silent recall?

is there a silent recall or gm assistance or anything on the 99 aleros that got their engine ruined because of the bad intake manifold gasket?

it happened to us, and now its happened to a friend ..

the temp gauge shows slightly above normal temp, dealer, nothing wrong, again, dealer, nothing wrong...

finally the engine went kaboom um

no legal recourse? does gm keep track of when you go to the dealership and have print outs available??!

Reply to
Christopher Leigh

You should always keep a copy of your dealer receipts, even if it's only for an oil change. It's time like this that they become proof in a case against GM and/or the dealer.

Brad

Reply to
Brad Clarke

From what I have read on the internet GM is thumbing their nose at their customers on the problem. Do some google searches and read others war stories. The dealer wanted to change mine on a 99 Venture even though it wasn't leaking so they know they have a problem but won't pay for it. I have always been a GM customer but decided to get rid of the Venture and bought a

04 Odyssey.

Reply to
Woody

Can you say "Lemon Law". Look up issues regarding the Lemon Laws in your state, you may have some legal issues to explore.

Reply to
Liz

There seems to be no special policy for that problem, which is what would allow GM/dealers to pay for such a problem which is out of warranty. The best hope (if any) would be to get them to pay for at least part of the repair on goodwill..

Reply to
Robert Hancock

while we're ont he topic of the dealer cheating you, um, ...

if your blower motor only works on setting 5/high, and not the other ones, it's probably the resistor, right?

well, my aunt has a 97 gp, and she had to get hre blower motor replaced twice, and they had to remove the whole dsah on my mom's alero to do it...

Reply to
Christopher Leigh