Stop Engine Lt / '93 Seville

'93 Seville STS: It suddenly will not start. Tries to crank, but acts like its out of fuel (it's not and the fuel pump is fine). I can turn the key off, turn it back on and it will seemingly 'attempt' to crank (very briefly).

Relevant info:

The main computer (forget what it's called) was apparently fried a cpl of years ago. So my AC, radio, some gauges, etc do not function..

When this problem started 2 days ago I noticed that damn "STOP ENGINE" light was coming on. The 'reading' also displays several other things that it has done for 2 years, i.e. TRACTION DISABLED (or something similar).

So here is my specific question...

Can I disable/disconnect/kill the darn SE light... and might that solve my problem.

Please help. I am on social security and cannot go any where. I am beginning to be very concerned.

Thank you in advance.

snipped-for-privacy@gmipublishing.com

Reply to
wparrish

You should of fixed the car two years ago when you said the computer fried....

Your cars electronic system is tied into the computer ( ECM ), when a problem occurs it trips the yellow Service Engine Soon Light ( SES ), thus setting a code which indicates what might be wrong.

Disabling the SES light does not make any problems go away. It will keep you from knowing when something is wrong with the vehicle and will also be a problem for the person who eventually fixes the car for you.

At thirteen years old it can be a dozen or more things wrong that could cause the problems you are experiencing.

I'm not familiar with the functions of the STOP ENGINE light - but that might be tied to oil pressure or antifreeze. It might be that you don't have any oil or antifreeze in the engine and the engine might be ruined.

You need to have a qualified mechanic look at it. Dirve a Cadillac expect to pay the price.

Good Luck,

Harryface

Reply to
Harry Face