That annoying ABS light

Why would the ABS light on a newish Impala come on after the car has been sitting practically unused for five months? It hasn't seen real road driving in that time, but recently has been driven around the driveway to move it around to make space for other cars.

I guess any links to ABS light diagnosis resources would be most helpful.

~Jody

Reply to
Jody Lee Bruchon

Unfortunately, some cars break if you don't use them too. Have the ABS codes checked, without knowing the code, no one can tell you anything. ;) Well, the people who know can't tell you anything, you'll get a lot of "replace this" and "replace that", but don't fall for it.

Steve

Reply to
Steve Mackie

Get it scanned for the codes.

Some possible reasons. Mouse decided the wires to a sensor looked tasty. Sitting that long rust could have formed on a sensor. Mouse chewed the wiring to the ABS module.

Reply to
Steve W.

Reply to
Shep

See my first post Shep. People want this guy to do a bunch of things, wasting time, when a quick trip to a local mechanic/AutoZone could tell him EXACTLY where to start looking.

Read codes, reset, test drive, read codes, diagnose, repair. Piece of cake.

Steve

Reply to
Steve Mackie