85 GT 4 lug to 5 lug

Reading a bunch of stuff off the net, and I want to go from 4 lug to 5 lug, and get some Baer brakes. Seems that the 85 rear end is smaller than the

86+, and that I might need to change that. What exactly is it that I need to use 13" rotors in the front, and 12 in the back. Should I get an 86 rear end, or 94 Rear end, the docs that I have read aren't so clear, any help is appreciated, I don't want to start something I can't finish.
Reply to
Turbo1010

FANTASTIC!! I also have an 85GT I am planning a 5 lug 4 wheel disc brakes conversion with ABS. Lucky for me I have a 95 GT donor car to work with. Recently I found a great website with dozens of very informative links. Catch:

Work around thruthese pages and they will take you to very helpful links and resources. Your 85 most likely has a 7.5 inch rearend, I highly recommend upgrading to an 8.8.

I have spent many hours researching this whole car from top to bottm and have lots of useful information if you would like to email me sometime.

I havent seen a lot of people with an older model intrested in upgrading so its really great to see ya here. Any other mods been done to yours? Have any pics?

Dave

Reply to
Mustang GT

Just get a 94+ rear end. You'll need alot of parts from this donor car. From struts to front spindles to master cylinder...

Serge

Reply to
Serge

Thanks, I'm gonna go ahead and try this, wish me luck.

Reply to
Turbo1010