The great American pe nis machine

Bwa-ha-ha-ha... OK, you made my day!

The best roundabout is the one on (under) RT-2 at 63 in Gardner. Big, easy to see traffic, and people seem to understand how to use it.

Worst roundabout is the one in Peterborough at the new supermarket. Too small, some drivers don't realize what it is until they are aimed for a car that has already got right-of-way!

Reply to
PeterD

That would be insane, wouldn't it! Wondier if that is true, and what state it is?

Reply to
PeterD

The state if confusion, perhaps? ;)

Reply to
Mike

This whole thread is about guys who can not afford to buy certain types of vehicles and are jealous of those who can, it seems LOL

Reply to
Mike

OF (are you there?)

-W

Reply to
Clams Canino

I had a run in with a Corvette driver in 1989 when I was coming back from Florida. Its 3:30 am, driving north on Illinois Interstate 57. Speed limit was 65 mph. I'm driving my 1978 Olds 88 2 door........

I'm the only car on the road. Cruise Control is set at 72 mph. Lo and behold I catch up to a car and pass it. Its a white Corvette doing 55 mph. I can't see who is driving it.

15 minutes later the Corvette comes flying past me at 90
  • mph.

10-15 minutes later pass and the same thing happens. I catch up to the Corvette who is back to 55 mph. I pass it again on cruise and its out of sight again.

10-15 minutes go by and zooooooom!!! there goes the Corvette on my left side and he /she is of sight in the blink of an eye.

This game goes on for close to two hours. Around Champaign, IL. I even stopped off at a gas station hoping to put more distance between me and the Corvette. Back on 57, I'm the lone car on the road again.

Headlights appear as dots in my rearview mirror........they are getting closer and closer....is it ? could it be? Noooo, It's not the Corvette.......its a new 1990 Mustang GT 5.0 litre.

As it pulls out to pass me, there is a car right on its rear bumper. As it gets closer the silhouette is undeniably familiar - and those pop up headlights!! The Corvette has returned. Both cars roar passed doing 100

  • mph.

Suddenly, I'm alone again on this lonesome road.

: - )

North of Kankakee, IL about an hour later I see red dots on the horizon. As I get close these dots become more clearer to the eye and more familiar as the round tail light housings seen on GM's Chevrolet Corvette.

As I get closer I see its a a white Corvette...Its doing 55 mph again. I move over to pass it - still cruising at 72 mph. As I get along side of it, I began to ponder the situation. I wonder what is running through the mind of this driver. My Olds 88 has a 350 - 4 barrel V8 under the hood. I may have had the air cleaner cover turned upside down like many young men did back in the day to allow more air to be sucked into the carb, and to give that throaty sound when accelerating away from a light.

As the motor was even with the Corvette's driverside window. I thrust my right foot down on the gas pedal, The four barrel opened up to a tremendous roar........and that children is all the Corvette needed to hear.

IT'S GO TIME!! Both cars roared to life! The speedometer on my car rapidly closed in on 85 mph mark (I think the speedometer only went up to 85 on this car), but it went faster than that. In just under 10 seconds the Corvette had gone from 55 mph to who know's what. In the blink of an eye it was gone - out of sight - and out of my life forever. The 2 1/2 hours I had to drive yet were uneventful.

I never saw the Corvette again.

harryface

91 Bonneville 319,179 05 Park Avenue 86,911
Reply to
Harry Face

Or the state of insanity...

Reply to
PeterD

No, the whole thread is about people who don't know how to drive, and who are prone to making silly statements while in traffic.

Reply to
PeterD

Good story.

I drive a Hummer H1, and do many long distance trips from New England to Florida. I drive at 58 MPH (the best cruising speed for the H1, 16+ MPG) and I'll have the same cars pass me five or six times. I've had cars pass me for two days of the drive, over and over and over. WTF? Does every car pass me, then pull off at the next exit and laugh for ten minutes?

(FWIW, I will be passed thousands of times, and will usually manage to pass two or three cars and trucks on a average 1400 mile trip. But I arrive fresh and rested, not beat from the drive.) Right lane all the way.

Reply to
PeterD

Ya know, when this mouth was running his yap, I was wondering if *HE* was jealous of Supra owners...

BTW, are you going to drive a Dodge Dart through a Police station anytime soon? ;p

Reply to
Hachiroku

I've seen meatheads there, too, but then again, they're everywhere. And, for some reason, esp on Wednesdays...

The new supermarket that no one wanted? Or at least, a lot of people said no one wanted? I bet everyone shops there, don't they?

The end of my 'territory' is just this side of Peterborough, but every once in a while my manager sneaks me over the line. But only just...

At least you get new stuff. Greenfield, they don't want ANYTHING! Keene is fantastic. On rt 10 going south to Winchester there is new dirt, and they told me there's a MarketBasket going in there. Man, they have

*EVERYTHING* in Keene!

That's the main part of my territory, KSC and C&S are my biggest clients.

Reply to
Hachiroku

Hey, not everyone can own a Supra, after all...

Only 16,775 made in 1988, and declining numbers from then on. And, they were split between 4 continents.

Reply to
Hachiroku

I can't remember, but I remember once being somewhere where people entering had the right of way.

Must have been NY. They haven't a clue about driving there. They make Boston drivers look *good*!!

Reply to
Hachiroku

The one that is about 40% more expensive than Market Basket and Hannaford's in Rindge! We stopped there last night for something, and my wife freaked at the prices.

A Market Basket would be nice, but they have so many super markets in Keene it is getting silly.

Clients? What do you do? (I teach at FPU...)

Reply to
PeterD

Maybe your Atty Gen will do what Mass's did a few years ago. Big Y had supermarkets in large markets like Springfield and had to compete with Edward's (remember them? I don't know how I just did!) so in small towns like Palmer and Ware, where they were the only game in town they jacked up the prices. I was cheaper to drive to Amherst!

The AG said they couldn't do that, and thatthey had to give the money back, but do it fairly. So they started the Buy One Get Two Free in those areas, and saw sales increase substantially, so they implemented it in all stores.

Of course, you don't buy anything that's NOT one sale, since rather than lower prices to meet the big markets, they raised all their prices to match the small stores...

There's usually a shakeout. In capitalism, people vote with their dollars.

Dell Factory Service tech.

FPU is in my territory.

Reply to
Hachiroku

But you did a stupid thing! You let some jerk intimidate you, causing you to do something you had not intended to do.

To yield right of way does NOT mean you have to stop if you see a car. Right of way provides the ability to proceed without interference or conflict. As long as you don't block or cut off the car in the roundabout, you've complied with right of way.

I also have old cars. But that doesn't mean I have to drive like an old lady.

Reply to
ACAR

Mike - if you read the thread there's no one claiming they KNOW cars entering have right of way. And besides, having right of way does not necessarily mean other drivers have to stop. Other drivers have to allow the car with right of way to proceed without impeding.

But the OP hasn't responded regarding his violating right of way because someone was yelling at him. Such sensitivity should be rewarded - a ticket would be appropriate.

Reply to
ACAR

There's a difference between "Old LAdy", "Spirited Driving" and "K00K".

Reply to
Hachiroku

I didn't violate the guy's right of way, but it was closer than I would have liked to have had it.

Just becuse there MIGHt be an opportuniy, doesn't mean you have to drive like an ass.

Reply to
Hachiroku

I perceive that if a person has magnetic "ribbons" (Bring home our boys, etc) on his car, he tends to drive erratically. The more ribbons, the kookier he drives.

These ribbons might even be a major factor in accidents. (TIC)

Reply to
hls