The #'s ,14 Years Of Maintenance.

Ever wonder how many oil changes, brake jobs or tires you done over the years?

This list updates one previously posted in 2002. ( Parts include the original ).

87 Oil Changes, Filters & Grease jobs. 10 Front Brake jobs 3 Rear Brake jobs. 8 sets of Spark Plugs. 3 sets of Ignition Wires. 7 Transmission Oil Changes. 3 Batteries. 24 Tires. 9 Gas Filters. 12 Air Filters. 3 PCV Valves. Serpentine Belts # 4. Water Pump # 3. Fuel Pump # 2 Alternator # 3. Starter # 2. 4 Coil Packs # 4. EGR Valves # 2. Harmonic Balancer # 2. Idle Air Control Motor # 3. Oxygen Sensor # 2. Radiator # 2. Radiator Hoses Set # 2. Radiator Cap # 2. Heater Core # 2. Heater Hoses Set # 2. Thermostat # 3. Struts ( all 4 ) Set # 2. Wheel Bearing Hubs ( all 4 ) Set # 2. Catalytic Converter # 2. Alignment ( Front ) 2. Alignment ( rear ) 1. 1 Headliner. 1 - LF ( Lower ) Door Hinge. 1 - LF Power Window Motor.

The ORIGINAL PARTS that remain are,

Ignition Module, 6 Fuel Injectors, Fuel Press Regulator, Evap Canister, Exhaust ( except converter ) System, MAF, Knock, Temp & Oil Sensor, Wiper & Washer Motors, AC Compressor & Condensor, Belt Tensioner, PS pump, Blower Motor & Resistor. Rack & Pinion Steering, CV Boots & Axles. Front & Rear Tie Rods and Ball Joints, Rear Brake Drums, Suspension Bushings. All Power Window, Trunk, Seat, Blower, R Defog, Wiper and Door Lock Switches. Right Front & Rear Window Motors.

Of course, 2005 will surely wear out some MoParts.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

========= Harryface =========

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE 3800 V6 ( C ), Black/Slate Grey _~_~_~297,525 miles_~_~_

~_~_~_~_U.S.A._~_~_~_~_~_

~~~The Former Fleet ~~~

Harry Face

I'm very surprised you're on the original CV boots, tie rods and ball joints.

Reply to
James C. Reeves

Maybe he drives only straight flat roads...lol GW

Reply to
Geoff Welsh

I can beat that. I drive for a living, I have a 1984 GMC sierra 3500 one ton with 1,020,000 km. Original rear end, drive shaft, and 1 original rotor "don't turn them", the other one broke. The rest of the truck has been replaced part by part.

Reply to
Bob

The original tie rods and ball joints in my 71 T/A at 140,000 miles were in perfect shape. They were all caked with grease so they were definately over lubed. All the rubber bushings were shot after 32 years.

I doubt the replacement parts will last that long.

Reply to
Dennis Smith

JCR,

I'm surprised too I have the orig CV Boots. Maybe spraying WD - 40 on them at every oil change has helped preserve them?

No noises heard from the boots

Ball joints & tie rods get greased every 3000. Still seem tight.

Actually the RR ball joint was replaced due to the grease boot disintegrating mysteriously in 1996

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE 3800 V6 ( C ), Black/Slate Grey _~_~_~297,575 miles_~_~_

~~~The Former Fleet ~~~

Harry Face

Harry,

Just curious, as you obviously have a very thorough record keeping on your car maintenance. Do you know what the total cost of all these repairs made?

Brian

Reply to
el Diablo