96 Lumina Battery Install Madness...

I have never seen a more preposterous battery placement.

I thought after the windshield reservoir tank was removed it would be easy sailing. Wrong! The metal "L" shaped bracket covering the battery seems to have an ear at the bottom that extends below a projection of the airbox below the filter. There does not seem to be enough room to maneuver this bracket out from beneath without removing the whole filter housing box. I can't believe this would be necessary.

Any advice would be appreciated before I just try to bend the bracket to get the new battery in.

Thx...

Reply to
Buzzy

Remove the air cleaner assembly. Its not that hard. One bolt and a clamp or two.

Steve

Reply to
Steve Mackie