U.S. boosts estimate of auto bailout losses to $23.6B

U.S. boosts estimate of auto bailout losses to $23.6B

Jim_Higgins

A bullshit number, it was a lot more than that.

Total costs for GM & corrupt auto could look like this:

177 billion, debentures, bonds, loans etc, all became 3% junk for $150 billion+ write off.

GMAC, no job, no credit, bad history, no assets, here is a loan GMAC hooked taxpayers for at least $40 billion.

Bush gave Gm $13 billion just to get them into 0bama's term for even more. Some $23 billion just to keep them going. This excludes related industries, Chrysler, polluted plant cleanups and auto warranty liabilities totaling some 65 billion or so.

Haven't even got into loan forgiveness and give aways like clunkers for cash which all told should be about 18 billion.

All told, the real cost of GM and auto corruption was $300 billion to taxpayers, shareholder, banks and pension fund lenders. Even more if you include lost income tax from lost values of pension funds taking the write offs. Hey, losses don't generate income tax.

But like fleabaggers they are, they like to polish rurds and lie a lot.

Net sum 0bama put on the hook to taxpayers was about $70 billion dollars or more. No one knows really, as some of the numbers are "national secrets" they say.

Fact is taxpayers got screwed.

And why I will never buy GM, Chrysler, CAW or UAW again. Next one comes off a boat so it doesn't have CAW/UAW parts in it like Toyota domestic does. GM, Chrysler and unions may have corrupted the politicians, but they can't make me buy their over priced junk.

GM isn't too big to fail.

They were too big and corrupt to save.

But they are still a loser. Down 40% from IPO. Down 3% for the day. Expecting bad news?

Reply to
Canuck57

I think taxpayer money given to GM, no matter how poorly managed, was a necessity in 2008 because the US economy was heading into recession. GM employes a lot of people and a LOT more (non GM, non UAW) are employed in the supply chain industries that fed GM. I think the 2008 recession would have been deeper and longer had GM been allowed to fail. That said, I think taxpayer money given to fund the Volt development was a fiasco that has yet to blossom!

Reply to
Jim G

"I think taxpayer money given to GM, no matter how poorly managed, was a=20 necessity in 2008 because the US economy was heading into recession. "

Printing more money for a problem caused by too much money makes matters wo= rse.

The effects of this too much money syndrome has been building up since the = connection of paper money to gold was eliminated to in order to finance the= Vietnam war.

It has been used to finance many wars since then when the USA has been atta= cking one ountry after the other.

The number of dollars has been escalating ever since and much of the printi= ng has resulted in a debt crises and much of the debt is owned by the chine= se who more or less control the USA now indirectly by owning the debt and t= hreatening to stop buying more and directly by taking over properties as we= ll as companies as collateral for the debt.

Much of the fat cats in washington and wall street have been regularly send= ing money off shore to ctreate jobs in foreign countries.

It mhas been predicted ever since 1971 that this policy will come to a bad = end and that is basically what is happening.

The end did not come as abruptly as many expected and having been predictin= g this for so long many people have more or less stopped thinking this woul= d ever happen.

By printing ever more number of money this ponsi scheme has kept this going= .

Now the weapon producers are trying to fake information in order to attack = Iran in the same manner as they attaked irak.

Question is what towers will be attacked next to scare people and take the = mind off the real problems.

Reply to
gosinn