Water Outlet (thermostat housing)

Looking for part for 1965 Malibu with 283 CI. Good used part is acceptable. GM part number is 3789162. Outlet points toward passenger side with an elevation of approximately 45 degrees. Do you have one laying around or know a possible source? ?

Thanks.

Reply to
wib

HELLO

On August 21 you posted a similiar question and got 2 good answers. Did these sources not work out ?

1)
2) www.amaz> Looking for part for 1965 Malibu with 283 CI. =A0Good used part is
Reply to
Joe3301955

The answer is NO! Both the RockAuto and Amazon offered a Four Seasons

84890 outlet. Functionally, it will work, but it has a fitting, likely for later cars with emissions garbage, on the top. I already have one of these, but I'm looking for an original type-GM part number 3789162. One other difference in my post is that with the August posting, I did not know the original GM part number. I live in the Baltimore area and in the last three weeks, I even visited OPG in my search. They had one on a '64, but it was eroded away by use and time. I've owned my car since its birth so I do know what the right part is, so I'm still searching.
Reply to
wib

May sound silly, but ever considered casting your own? Use teh eroded one, or a similar one, to make the mould, and then cast a few.

Reply to
PeterD