s10 thermostat water outlet

2002 4.3. Dealer changed gasket first time, then changed the outlet (said it was cracked). Now warranty has expired 8 months ago and it has about 38k on it and it's leaking again.I expect that if I asked GM to fix it they'll say sorry , out of warranty. I can see the leak at a point about midway between the bolts on left side (looking from front). Anyone had experience with this part leaking and a good, permanent solution? Thanks
Reply to
38racing

a good permanent mechanic. Seems like the folks that worked on yours used the wrong material. Either way I would stay away from them for any future work.

Reply to
dnoyeB

Dunno about 2002's, but my 2003 just had the intake gasket replaced--leaking at the front in area near water pump. Dealer told me that was a common problem at about 30K miles, and mine had 34k at the time. Was

2 months and 2K inside the warranty period! Lucky, I guess. s
Reply to
sdlomi2

Any suggestion as to what the 'correct' material would be.?

Reply to
38racing

Intake might be next but right now it's definitely the thermostat outlet pipe.

Reply to
38racing

Great! Wasn't trying to scare you--just alert you in case. Often in such cases, IF it were the intake, GM might pay for it even if out of warranty. s

Reply to
sdlomi2