Where is the EGR valve on the 3800 Series I ?

My 92 Bonneville has been having running problems. I'd like to check the EGR valve, but I have no idea where it's at. Can someone describe the location for me? This car has the 3800 Series I engine, no supercharger.

Also if someone can tell me where the PCV valve is I would appriciate that, too.

Thanks,

-Ryan

Reply to
Ryan

Believe it or not the 92 does not have an EGR valve ! It was eliminated for 92 & possibly 93, something to do with the emission numbers being so low at the time GM felt they could do away with it. But the EGR returned again in 94 ( or was it 93 ? ) because cars withou the EGR were running poorly.

The PCV Valve on my 91 is in the end of the intake manifold on the pasenger side. There is a routing of ignition wires & some other wire harness covering it up. Look directly behind the Altenator and to the left.

When my car was newer I'd swing the Altenator out of the way to acess the PCV, but now I've done some wire re- routing and its a bit easier to reach.

The spring clamp from the L shape hose to the PCV is a strggle to get on & off.

Good Luck

========= Harryface =========

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE, 3800 V6 _~_~_~_~275,982 miles_~_~_ ~_~_
Reply to
Harry Face

Mine 1993, 3.8 L engine has EGR valve. 1992 does not have EGR valve for sure.

Reply to
none

Great, thanks!

-Ryan