Wiper problems-96 Pontiac Transport

Hello, I have two problems associated with my wipers on my 96 Pontiac Transport: Intermittantly they refuse to work on all settings but High speed sweep (also the washer does not work at this time either) and one of the wipers is not parking properly when it is turned off (the blade rests higher on the glass than it should)

I tried to find the wiper motor, as I understand that perhaps cold solder joints on the internal circuit board can cause such a problem, but not sure where it is. Where is that darn motor located, and is it easy to remove? And is there some sort of alignment procedure to set up the park position of the blades. All comments, and aspirin greatly appreciated.

Brent

Reply to
Brent

"Brent13" wrote: > Hello, > I have two problems associated with my wipers on my 96 Pontiac > Transport: > Intermittantly they refuse to work on all settings but High > speed sweep > (also the washer does not work at this time either) > and one of the wipers is not parking properly when it is > turned off (the > blade rests higher on the glass than it should) > > I tried to find the wiper motor, as I understand that perhaps > cold solder > joints on the internal circuit board can cause such a problem, > but not sure > where it is. > Where is that darn motor located, and is it easy to remove? > And is there some sort of alignment procedure to set up the > park position of > the blades. > All comments, and aspirin greatly appreciated. > > Brent

Been there done that with this same model van. I remember the motor being on the drivers side and the back end of it pointed toward the front drivers fender. If I found it it wasn?t buried too far in there. Here are the instructions someone gave me;

===

1) Disconnect wiper motor connector. Turn ignition on. Place wiper switch in LO position. Using a voltmeter, measure voltage from gray wire terminal of wiper motor connector to ground. If battery voltage exists, check for poor connection at Gray wire terminal of wiper motor connector. If connection is ok, replace wiper motor circuit board. If symptom still exist, replace wiper motor. 2) If battery voltage does not exist, check for open in Gray wire between wiper switch connector and wiper motor connector. Check for poor connection at Gray wire terminal of wiper switch connector. If all connections are okay, replace wiper switch.
Reply to
LeBuick

Brent