Wiper problems-96 Pontiac Transport

Hello, I have two problems associated with my wipers on my 96 Pontiac Transport: Intermittantly they refuse to work on all settings but High speed sweep (also the washer does not work at this time either) and one of the wipers is not parking properly when it is turned off (the blade rests higher on the glass than it should)

I tried to find the wiper motor, as I understand that perhaps cold solder joints on the internal circuit board can cause such a problem, but not sure where it is. Where is that darn motor located, and is it easy to remove? And is there some sort of alignment procedure to set up the park position of the blades. All comments, and aspirin greatly appreciated.

Brent

Reply to
Brent

Autozone.com has great photo's for all kinds of parts. I often go there to get this kind of information. Here's a link to the wiper motor location:

moxie1

Since the high speed circuit connects the battery directly to the motor low speeds don't work, my guess is the motor circuit board is bad.

Reply to
moxie1

Since the high speed circuit connects the battery directly to the motor low speeds don't work, my guess is the motor circuit board is bad.

Reply to
moxie1

Hi, I have exactly the same problem with me '96. About 50% of the time they work fine, then without warning...

I've had the motor out a couple of times and all the connections are solid. I've gone to the junkyard to try and find a replacement, but the motors are all gone! I guess others have had the same problem. Thank god they work on high speed when we need them.

Don

Reply to
Devslek