01' Accord EX 4-cyl Automatic Overheats...Help

Really shoots up quick when A/C is on and car not moving. Both fans do operate. If I swtich to heat...the temp gauge will start to drop slowly (car not moving). Thermostat ? Car has 79,000 miles.

Reply to
ndccpf1

ndccpf1 wrote in news:1187206527.282650.168220 @b79g2000hse.googlegroups.com:

Plugged rad? Are you using the cheap green coolant?

Does the car overheat on the move?

How's the coolant level in the rad? (check when cold!)

Reply to
Tegger

The car is a friend of the family. Car is in good shape. Not neglected.Appears to rise when the car sits. Driving the tep level appears good.. Overflow bottle is at level. I will have to check the radiator tomorrow.

Reply to
ndccpf1

I think if everything with the cooling system is ok ? It could maybe be a leaking head gasket? mred

Reply to
mred

mred wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@22g2000hsm.googlegroups.com:

If it was a leaking head gasket, the coolant level in the rad would be low. That's one reason I told you to check the level in the rad.

Also check the level in the expansion reservoir.

Do the checks when the engine is cold!

Reply to
Tegger