door panels - 86 accord 2dr

Geeeesh.... I work for a Honda dealer and I can't find the particle board that sandwiches between the door skin and the interior panel... need those grommets as well. Does anyone know a resource for these parts? My interior panels have started separating from the door after 22yrs and 240K. . the rattle and creaking is driving me nutso. Any suggestions for an alternative fix? thanks, Steve in SF

Reply to
stevec

Try a wrecker?

Reply to
Matt Ion

I you still have the old panels, you can buy masonite and cut out your own.

JT

Matt I>

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire

I did that on my old 1980 GLC... made new ones out of 1/4" MDF. REALLY improved the bass response out of the 6.5" door speakers :)

Reply to
Matt Ion

Reply to
stevec via CarKB.com

It's a common practice when restoring old cars. Even better is to coat it with a "soaking" coat of thinned down resin to weatherproof it. Far better than the cardboard stuff normally used.

JT

stevec via CarKB.com wrote:

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire