05 Honda CRV - CTDi (2.2 Litre) Fuel Consumption (problem?)

Just picked up my new Honda CTD i 2.2 Sport (05 model). Delighted with a responsive/spacious/ well designed vechile.

Only one thing - I'm only getting around 33mpg. Is this normal? What is anyone else getting with this model. I'd expected better to be honest.

Matt

Reply to
matw50

--------------------------

Cool ! What country are you in. It's hard to guess when you say (Imp?) gallons.

'Curly'

Reply to
'Curly Q. Links'

Do you mean new as in less than 100 miles on the clock? Wait until you have 1000+ miles, or better yet 3000-8000+ miles on the clock and then start measuring. A new engine, more so a diesel, needs to "run in" before it starts to perform properly. Also if you do mostly town driving you will not see much improvement over a petrol engine. Diesels forte is motorway cruising.

Reply to
AGH!

Hi Curly, in Scotland - 33 miles per gallon.

Reply to
matw50

Hi, sorry vehicle is new to me its got 8,500 miles on the clock so this shouldnt be a problem. Only seem to get 33 miles per gallon on the motorway too, though typically do 70/80 mph. Any one else get more on the same model?

Matt

Reply to
matw50