07 Accord Rear Window Noise

Got a nice new 07 Accord EXL V6 sedan. The front power windows are nice and quiet going up and down but the rear ones both make too much noise.

Is yours like that too? When the dealer tells me "they all do that," should I accept that or tell him he's full of it?

Reply to
Jack Pott

I would think the dealer has plenty of cars on his lot you could listen to. Get faster results than bitching here...

Reply to
Woody

Kind of a shame you don't understand the difference between a simple request for information-- and bitching...

In most dealerships, you need to deal with a salesman to get keys to power up a car and try the windows. Trying several as you suggest would take an easy half hour-- as he has to go back to the office to get keys for each one.

So Woodie my boy, not only do you have low awareness of how things work, you have poor practical judgment as well.

But hey, thanks for your input....

Reply to
Jack Pott

Actually I agree with you except for one word..... I think it should read.... So "Jack" my boy, not only do you have low awareness of how things work, you have poor practical judgment as well.

Whether we say it is or isn't noisey isn't going to mean much to you because it's a subjective answer. What I might not think is noisey may be noisey to you so if you listen to at least 2 other similar vehicles like that on the lot, you will eliminate the subjective part of the answer.

Obviously it's not that important to you because you don't want to spend 1/2 hour of your precious time to find out, so live with it as it is and stop whining. Or am I wrong and you are just plain lazy?

Reply to
gimme abreak

I probably never rolled down the back windows on my 07 Accord EXL V6 sedan before, but I just ran outside and gave them a try just now. They do make more noise and are less smooth sounding than the fronts. I don't think they are objectionable but are definitely cheaper sounding.

Jack Pott wrote:

Reply to
Al

No discernable difference in my '04 Accord.......

Reply to
L Alpert

I also have a 07 Honda Accord. The rear windows are extremly noisy. I have had the rear motors replaced three seperate times, and they told me I would probably be back. Honda said its a nation wide problem with the 2007 and they are trying to fix it. This is my first new car experience, and it hasnt been a great one. I have also had a problem with an air leak in my drivers door or window. The dealer replaced the mirror, and it still is an issue. On really windy days, it sounds like I have my window cracked open.

Reply to
fjhamer

I just tried the windows on my "07 Accord (20k miles). The rear windows make a different sound that the front, but are neither noisier nor cheaper sounding. The sound just seems lower pitched.

For whatever it's worth, your mileage may vary, and all that other stuff.

Elliot Richmond Itinerant astronomy teacher Freelance science writer

Reply to
Elliot Richmond