09 Honda Fit floor mat anchors (aka floor mat clips)

I'm baffled at how bad Honda botched this.

Apparently, to keep the drivers side floor mat from slipping you can use clips/anchors supplied by Honda. They are little plastic things with a stub that fits through the holes on the mat, and the bottom has a clip.

Get this, they expect us to cut slits in the carpet so that the anchors stay on the floor!

I found that there are two indentations on the carpet where you need to cut slits. Also found two slits in the plastic square (non carpeted part of the floor) but they don't seem to be in the right place. Almost as if it was a design mistake.

So I THINK I am supposed to cut slit in the indentations, then another slit right near the plastic part of floor, then slide the thing through both slits and clamp it. With only one slit you cannot clamp the darned things.

End result is crappy, half assed looking floor mat attachment. Many years of use are SURE to tear the carpet.

Anyone have better luck with this? Also wondered if maybe I should slide the entire anchor under the carpet, and instead use the clamp part to clamp insulation????

thanks. c

Asked the dealer for install instructions and sure enough, they DO expect us to cut 2 slits in the floor carpet for each anchor (4 total for driver side)!

What a shabby design. So far, my only complaint with 09 Fit.

Thus spake c :

I followed the instructions exactly as written for my 08 and the results look fine.

Reply to
Dillon Pyron

Dillon Pyron wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Getting TOTALLY off-topic here..

Did you hear about that guy in Holland (where pot is legal), who was arrested recently while smoking a joint in a pot bar?

It seems he had mixed a bit of tobacco in with his marijuana. Somebody smelled the tobacco and ratted on him to the smoke cops: He had violated Holland's law on tobacco smoking in the workplace. I kid you not. Is this world nuts or what?

Reply to
Tegger

I can't resist:

Dave Barry was alerted by a reader to the existence of Luwak coffee, supposedly the most expensive coffee in the world. The difference is that Luwak coffee berries are swallowed by Luwak weasels living on Pacific islands and the hard inner beans are passed through (ahem) the weasel. The droppings are collected, washed, and sold for hundreds of dollars per pound. Dave Barry bought a sample and noticed they looked like any other coffee beans. First he wondered if he was being ripped off, then he wondered "what kind of world is this that I would be afraid I was being ripped off being sold coffee beans that *weren't* pooped out by a weasel?"

Mike

Reply to
Michael Pardee

Thus spake Tegger :

I can actually believe it. I'd have to Snopes it first.

Reply to
Dillon Pyron

Thus spake "Michael Pardee" :

I don't remember the name of the coffee, but the critter is a civit (NOT Civic). Sometimes, incorrectly, called a civit cat. (NOT Civic car).

Reply to
Dillon Pyron

Dillon Pyron wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

You mean "civet cat" (with an "e", not an "i").

Sixth entry down is the one about the coffee.

Reply to
Tegger

Wikipedia explains the confusion in the first paragraph of

that up gets interesting in itself; the civet is neither a cat nor a weasel, but a viverrid. And although they are classified under the order Carnivorae they are mostly or wholly herbivorous. Huh. So... how are those Honda Fit floor mat anchors coming along ;-)

Mike

Reply to
Michael Pardee

Thus spake Tegger :

Jeez. Next thing you'll tell me is that I've been spelling Handa all wrong. :-)

Reply to
Dillon Pyron

Similarly, my cousin once got arrested in Morocco (circa 1975) because they were using unlicensed tobacco with their hash in a chillum. No problem with the hash but tobacco was apparently a state monopoly.

I wouldn't smoke it that way either, because I refused to smoke tobacco. I'd just put the hash in a hashpipe like God intended. So, yes, I believe the Holland story could be true.

Reply to
dgk