2000 Accord SRS Light

I have a 2000 Accord and the SRS Light stays on constantly which I guess has the result of disabling the passenger side air bag system. Is there any way to find the silly switch and jumper it out?

Thanks!

Reply to
Jay Stootzmann

Can you tell us why you would disable a life saving device such as an airbag?

Reply to
halo2 guy

Actually, I want to disable the switch so that it DOES NOT disable the air bag. The SRS light comes on with noting in the seat meaning that somehow it detects someone sitting in the seat without the seat belt fastened and so the switch disables the air bag. I want to disable the switch so the air bag will operate. I don't want to spend the several hundred to replace the switch. I spent $63 already to have the switch reset and that fixed it for a few months.

Reply to
Jay Stootzmann

My 97 service manual shows that there is a connector under the glove compartment that can be shorted. The connector is described as 2P (GRN/BLU, RED). I know the ABS service check connector is in that area to. Per the 97 manual, the SRS light will blink out a code after turning the ignition to on position. The codes seems to be very specific and would allow one to have a pretty good idea whats wrong with the system. Clearing the code seems like a somewhat elaborate procedure.

Probably best to get a service manual for your year car.

Reply to
kiselink