2003 Honda Radio Illumination Problem

This problem is bigger than Honda wants to admit. It has issued a recall for Canadian Autos and for some VIN's in the US. However, Honda will not share the information on the recalls, saying that it is only for internal use. This is a severe problem for Honda. Any one else out there unhappy enough to see if an attorney would take this on a contingency as a class action suit? I truly believe that this is a manufacture's defect that was kept from the public in hopes that the public would bear the brunt of a defective product.

Reply to
Kerry

---------------------------------------

Are you inviting everybody, or just people from a specific country to join in?

Maybe this TSB helps.

'Curly'

Reply to
'Curly Q. Links'

If they issued a recall, at least they are doing something about it. Would you expect GM, Ford or Crapsler to do the same thing? Not likely.

BTW, as Curly pointed out, the issue is likely related to the integrated radio/climate control unit on higher end models which has had a tendency for the display to show very dimly.

Reply to
High Tech Misfit

Actually, I was just pointing out that a TSB exists, and I stumbled over it here:

So I thought I'd share it because I wasn't sure whether 'Kerry' had seen it. That's all. I have no comment about the controversy.

'Curly'

Reply to
'Curly Q. Links'

I had a 2003 Accord V-6 manual that had to have the radio unit replaced three times in a little over two years. I traded it in in October 2005 for a new Element, and the third unit failed on the way to the dealership to pick up my new vehicle. I loved the V-6/manual transmission combination, but that vehicle was not very Honda-like. Glad to be rid of it.

Steve

Reply to
Steve Hawkins