1999 pathfinder Gas Pedal sticks 681

Does anyone have this problem. I have found a few on the net with this problem. I was told by nissan that they issued a service bulliten in 2001 about this problem and how to fix it to there service people. I have fought both nissan corp and my dealership to no avail. It is my opinion this is a manufacturer defect. I know someone with a qx4 that does the same thing. I am considering a class action suit and am in the process of filing a complaint with the bbb. I would really like to hear from others who might be experiencing this problem. thanks. hryqqhmrybdcewqqixzprffwktpnysetqtexivysldjzigunrsbxhqeeeqozrdlzfojjsnilyhoisgimfggbwli

Reply to
jcfitz

I can't wait to see the replies on this one.

problem. I was told by nissan that they issued a service bulliten in 2001 about this problem and how to fix it to there service people. I have fought both nissan corp and my dealership to no avail. It is my opinion this is a manufacturer defect. I know someone with a qx4 that does the same thing. I am considering a class action suit and am in the process of filing a complaint with the bbb. I would really like to hear from others who might be experiencing this problem. thanks.

hryqqhmrybdcewqqixzprffwktpnysetqtexivysldjzigunrsbxhqeeeqozrdlzfojjsnilyhoi sgimfggbwli

Reply to
NissTech

Does not happen on 99.5

problem. I was told by nissan that they issued a service bulliten in 2001 about this problem and how to fix it to there service people. I have fought both nissan corp and my dealership to no avail. It is my opinion this is a manufacturer defect. I know someone with a qx4 that does the same thing. I am considering a class action suit and am in the process of filing a complaint with the bbb. I would really like to hear from others who might be experiencing this problem. thanks.

hryqqhmrybdcewqqixzprffwktpnysetqtexivysldjzigunrsbxhqeeeqozrdlzfojjsnilyhoi sgimfggbwli

Reply to
Philip

Hay NissTech; Didn't you buy a GM Trail Blazer last year? Is it any good? My brother in-law has spent $7,000 in repairs in the last two years on a 99 Blazer. I haven't spent $1,000 in the last two years on my 99.5 Pathpuppy.

hryqqhmrybdcewqqixzprffwktpnysetqtexivysldjzigunrsbxhqeeeqozrdlzfojjsnilyhoi

Reply to
Philip

yep, we purchased an 2002 Trail Blazer.

Since 02 we have not spent a dime on it other than regular service.

The same holds true for my 2000 Chevy Silverado 1500

hryqqhmrybdcewqqixzprffwktpnysetqtexivysldjzigunrsbxhqeeeqozrdlzfojjsnilyhoi

Reply to
NissTech

I've had 3 tires replaced under warranty on my 03 TrailBlazer. They tested out of OEM spec after I complained about vibrations. And one of the 3 tires had been previously replaced. I've never used BF Goodrich tires before and this isn't a real good first time experience. If I can ever keep a set long enough to where they all need replaced, I'll go back to Michlen. But for now, my TB is riding smooth as silk. Better than it ever had right off the new car lot. And about

1000% better ride than that bucket of bolts 99.5 Pathfinder I used to own.
Reply to
Meat-->Plow

Help is here! I had the same sticking trouble. Try this before starting any legal action. The problem lies with the throttle casing. The butterfly thingy inside is gummed up with varnish and black gook from engine gas recirculation. First, buy a spray can of throttle casing cleaner. All auto products places have it. Disconnect the positive cable from the battery. Now, on my 98', I had to remove the 2 small hoses from the side of the main air duct to the throttle, disconnected the top of the air filter housing, removed the large hose clamp which couples the air intake duct to the throttle, and pulled the duct off. Unbolt the throttle casing from the aluminum air intake plenum to get to the other side of the casing. Lay an old cloth under the casing to absorb any of the cleaner. Spray the inside of the casing and make especially sure you clean the butterfly thoroughly around its edge. Just make sure you get as much black off as you can. Now just work backwards to get everything back together. There you have it. The difference in the pedal is amazing you'll notice how much better the vehicle starts.

Reply to
PathfinderHero