97 Civic...

Can anyone tell me where the main relay is located. I have to grope for it.... Very little chance of me getting under the dash, at the moment.. S-I-L called and said crank, but no start.. thx

Reply to
bobj

bobj wrote in news:8yXkl.13059$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe12.iad:

Right above the hood latch.

How to diagnose:

Reply to
Tegger

Many thanks....

Reply to
bobj

Well,

145K miles / car has half a tank of gas / new plugs and wires / new battery / Apparent "quick Lube" maintenance / Click one works Click two works and the CEL goes off - Starter engages and cranks fine / (not a hint of ignition) I can't hear the 3rd click and the position of the car doesn't allow me to open the door enough to get under the dash and feel the relay. I'm tempted to go and get an ignition module... What say you?
Reply to
bobj

Forgot to mention, I checked the under dash fuses also and the Fuel pump and the other (can't remember what it was) were ok..

Reply to
bobj

bobj wrote in news:%%Zkl.4$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe01.iad:

Do you have a tachometer?

Reply to
Tegger

I can get one

Reply to
bobj

I just downloaded the Igniter input test (thx)... Will try that next...

Reply to
bobj

i say you should

  1. check for computer codes. depending on that outcome,

  1. bother to read the main relay diagnostics like tegger says. /then/ if that's ok,

  2. check for spark.

if not spark, go ahead and check the ignition system. again, follow tegger's diagnostics.

Reply to
jim beam

bobj wrote in news:uF%kl.21289$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe07.iad:

Might be easier to simply have a helper sit in the driver's seat and operate the starter while you get down on your knees outide the door and use your right hand to feel for that third click from the Main Relay.

Reply to
Tegger