97 civic B16 swap probs

Can any one can help me out ? I got a 97 civic ex with a b16a (sir2) obd1 motor swap i did , well about 6 months later i started to notice a knocking noise when i would turn, well i got out and looked on my front passanger side front wheel and noticedthat the the trans-axle that goes in the wheel knuckle brock the nut and 1/2 the of the threeds where the nut goes on the trans-axle is gone!!! i also notice that both trans axles are extreemly hott! burning hott! Anybody might have any ideas on this hit me up thankyou samseed12 DeleteThis @hotmail.com or on here

Reply to
samseed12

samseed12 wrote in news:879802 snipped-for-privacy@autoboardz.com:

Maybe bad wheel bearings? Bad CV joints?(knocking noise clue!!) I'd replace both.

BTW,they are called axle half-shafts,the "transaxle" is the entire transmission/differential.

Reply to
Jim Yanik

Jim Yanik wrote in news:Xns9850D2E51355jyanikkuanet@129.250.170.84:

Also,maybe you don't have the right motor mounts to LOCATE(properly position)the engine/transaxle WRT the front suspension.Just a guess,though. IIRC,there's a company with an online site that sells motor mounts and other stuff necessary for Honda/Acura engine swaps,along with a lot of info. Google should turn it up.

Reply to
Jim Yanik