98 Accord Keyless Entry Problem

Hi.

I have a 1998 Honda Accord EX. I have found that, especially in cooler weather, my keyless entry system doesn't always respond to the remote. I can push the remote button over and over again to try to open the driver's doorlock and nothing. The battery on the remote is fine. However, if I use the remote to open the trunk, which always seems to respond, then the doorlocks will start responding. This is consistent. Many times on the way to my car, I'll use the remote to open the trunk just so I can open the doors (and then I'll shut the trunk on the way to the driver's door). If it was just pure interference, then I wouldn't expect the doors to start responding simply because of using the remote to open the trunk. Any hints as to what might be going on?

Kevin

Reply to
k-man

--------------------------

Cool problem. Sounds like corrosion on the ground point. That's about all that comes to mind.

'Curly'

Reply to
motsco_

I am having the same problem on my 1997 Civic, except my Civic's radio is about done. Since the radio controls the keyless entry portion of the Civic, I am assuming that is the root of my keyless entry woes.

And when I am talking about the radio being done, I mean it is about done. I have NEVER seen electronic tuning drift, yet the Civic's does. If I try to lower the volume, sometimes it will get louder, sometimes it will lower, or more than likely, NOTHING will happen. Oddly enough, it still controls a fairly new Alpine CD changer, so that is about the only reason I haven't yanked it out.

Reply to
DJ NoMore

Hmmm, I have an Alpine head unit installed in place of my factory radio. And while the factory radio was tied into the security system, I experienced the problem even before swapping out the radio.

Kevin

Reply to
k-man

Thanks for the tip. I'll check it out.