Knocking noise from underneath when going over small bumps

I have just purchased an E220 Cdi (1999) and I'm hearing knocking noises when I go over the smallest of bumps. It seems to be coming more from the passenger side, and from the front. I've heard this noise many times when I've got into a neglected minicab.

Has anyone any ideas on what it could be?

Thanking you in advance.

Reply to
ps-master

Broken anti roll bar link. Silicon filled suspension bush leaked fluid and gone soft. Badly fitted exhaust.

Reply to
Peter Hill

mother in law in boot?

Reply to
MrJolly

Track control arm bushes.

Graham

Reply to
Graham

Just got the car back from the Mercedes Garage. . ."Anti Roll Bar Bushes" £15 parts (both sides), £115 labour!

Thanks Everyone

Reply to
ps-master

The message from "ps-master" contains these words:

Yes, but did it cure the problem?

Reply to
Guy King