Air Conditioning on 1998 Honda Civic EX

I own a 1998 Honda Civic EX Sedan with about 192,700 miles. I've had the car for 9 years 7 months.
Recently, I have experience problems with my air conditioning. I turned
it on to level 1, level 2, level 3, etc. and I got nothing. I feel no air, no heat coming out. I don't hear a fan, anything.
What could be the problem? I've never really had my AC system checked. Has the time finally come?
-- Message posted using http://www.talkaboutautos.com/group/alt.autos.honda / More information at http://www.talkaboutautos.com/faq.html
warlock162 wrote:

It sounds like a bad switch.
It should be easy to diagnose and fix. Even if the compressor is not working properly, you should get air blowing out.
Jeff

What do you mean by "bad switch"?
-- Message posted using http://www.talkaboutautos.com/group/alt.autos.honda / More information at http://www.talkaboutautos.com/faq.html
warlock162 wrote:

There is a switch that controls the fan, and another switch that determines which position the system is in: A/C, Defog, Heat, etc.
Either of this could be bad. Also, the fan motor itself could be bad, or there could be a problem with the wiring.
These aren't hard problems to diagnose and fix. They shouldn't be very expensive, either, although they may be more expensive at the dealer (or cheaper, if the dealer is good and knows how to get to the root of the problem).
Jeff
warlock162 wrote:

www.slhondaparts.com has your diagrams. Disconnect the connector, remove three screws and the fan falls on the passenger's floor. Hook it up to 12 volts (polarity won't matter) it should run, if it doesn't, your problem is in your hand. Wrecker will have them. Use a mirror and good flashlight to check inside for rodent nests while it's out.
'Curly'