adding a map light to 98 civic ?

I want to add a map light to my 98 Civic LX. I have the service manual which shows me the wiring diagram and headliner removal instructions. My plan is to get a map light assembly from a junk yard, pull down the headliner so I can cut an opening and mount it between the pull down sun visors. (there is clearly enough space - the moon roof model of this year did have map lights, I think the headliner must be from the same mold) Then tie the wiring to the center dome light. The wattage is low enough (especially if I use LED bulbs) that I don't see the extra draw being an issue.

It actually seems fairly straight forward, though I've never undertaken this sort of project. Can anyone see why this install should or shouldn't be a problem? Anything I might not have thought of that I should consider?

Thanks.

Reply to
Kevin Van Sant