Alternator Needs Replacement....1982 Honda

I have to take out the alternator on my 1982 Honda Accord. Does anyone know the best way to do this?

The alternator sits near the bottom of the engine. It has the power steering pump and air conditioner unit over it. It does'nt appear enough room to take it out from the bottom.

If there is a procedure to do this, I would appreciate someone enlightening me.

Who designs this stuff? Josh

Reply to
josuha1954

josuha1954 wrote in news:a7315a0e-c6d5-4fd3- snipped-for-privacy@d21g2000prf.googlegroups.com:

You probably have to pull the left driveshaft to get the alternator out.

Reply to
Tegger

Tegger may be correct, but in my 1993 Accord 4 door, I managed to work the alternator out through the engine compartment. It took lots of twisting and rotating, but no force was required. As I recall, nothing had to be removed, but it is possible I had to take out a bracket.. There was no logic to the process, just a lot of trial and error.

Elliot Richmond Itinerant astronomy teacher

Reply to
Elliot Richmond