Any Honda 'Fit' owners?

Honda Fit Sport took first place in the "7 $15,000 Compacts Compared!" story in the May 'Car and Driver'. The car reminds me of the '86 Civic Wagon that I owned for a short time. Wish I could find some specs on that old car to see how it stacks up to the new one. Any 'Fit' owners out there? bob ('92 Accord LX)

Reply to
N.E.Ohio Bob

Except for those in Asia and Euope, none are for sale as yet here in the United States.

Reply to
w9cw

Hi there. Here is a copy of a posting I made to a ng a month or so ago (not sure which one). Basically I totally love my Honda Jazz (Fit translates badly in the UK. = something that you do when you're at the end of your tether).

I have 1.4 basic model.

- Very good round town. Very nippy in all "close quarter" situations

- Mine hardly ever goes over 30mph. Most trips less than 5 miles YET 41 mpg [NOTE: That's UK mpg, I think it's about 32 mpg in US galls]

- Noisy on motorway

- Not amazingly powerful at speed

- Not so good on high speed motoring, that said VERY good in stop-start driving situations, so if you're a motorway traffic jam every day, you'll be fine.

- Gearbox is amazing

- Drive select (P - D - N - R lever, you know) is a bit vague; there's no gate on it and it's easy to slip into one of the weird low torque D options only to find out you're in it when you want to zip off :(.

- (optional) Boot bags total waste of time

- Roof mounting storage thing is quite nice, but not worth the money

- Don't bother with those boot/shelf mats. They get in the way

- Wish I'd got the automatic air temp option

- Rear windscreen washer - wiper is poor but works

- Quite slow to warm cabin in the morning

- Mine's never been back to the dealer. Hooray!

- Easy to keep clean

- Stereo OK, but see note below...

- Good to park / reverse

- Kids like it

- Will easily take 2 adults and 1 kid in back seat.

- Totally easy to shuffle seats around. Hooray for that too.

- Good leg room front and back.

- Rear view mirror vibrates (worst case vibration found so far is Pink Floyd's "One of these days" when it gets to the on-off-on-off bit). Might need to avoid death metal too (but that's for a whole different reason) :).

- Magic seats are just that; very clever

- I'd recommend this car if you drive round town. It works.

Reply to
David Wynne

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@u72g2000cwu.googlegroups.com:

Canada gets them. I see ads in the paper, but have not seen them in the metal yet. They remind me of a Chevy Aveo.

Reply to
TeGGeR®

Thanks! Will get hold of the dealer today and find out their story. bob

Reply to
N.E.Ohio Bob