best wax?q

I don't know if this was covered before, but what is the consensus of the best wax for a Honda? I have a new Element EXP in Nighthawk black. Anyone try that IceWax by Turtle? Thanks, Chas

Reply to
Chas12

Any wax that keeps the water and salt off of the metal and paint is fine.

I am skeptical of IceWax because it is so thin. I am not convinced it will work well without very regular application. BUT, my father-in-law uses it on his Jeep and loves it... It is certainly less work than a conventional wax...

I have been using MacGuires, but most of the pastes are pretty much the same.

Reply to
Joe LaVigne

If you want the BEST, highest GLOSS, get Zaino Bros. But it's expensive and a multi-step process, but the results are incredible.

I only used this on a BLACK car because it was such a bitch to wax. For my lighter color cars, I just use Meguiars Gold Class liquid or paste.

G-Man

Reply to
G-Man

Goole Zanio the best!

Tom

Reply to
twfsa

Thanks guys, but I already like and use Zaino, just wanted something easier! I guess you get what your elbow pays for... Chas

Reply to
Chas12

I have been using MALM'S wax for about 15 years. Pure carnuaba. Easy on/off liquid. Works great. My 4 year old Explorer (garage kept, I admit) looks like it did on the showroom.

I have no connection to Malm's other than being a satisfied customer.

Reply to
D.D. Pallmer

Just tried the ICEWAX, and it did a heck of a job in about 45 minutes. (I have a sore right shoulder, so WAX ON is a bit slow) Chas

Reply to
Chas12

The Zaino system is a waste of money, in my opinion. There are products that work better, yes, better for much less money. The multi-component system gives the illusory of "the best" wax system, because Sal's marketing techniques are flawless. The truth is, the detailing industry turns a nose up at Zaino; it's simply too much money for a decent product.

will show you the light. I use Klasse High-Gloss Sealant Glaze (an acrylic protectant, not a wax) topped with P21S Carnauba wax. It gives amazing shine and depth to my Galaxy Gray Metallic. I highly recommend:

  1. Claybarring. This is arguably the most important step. Regardless of the quality of wax/sealant you use, lack of paint preparation will spoil your results.

  1. Polishing, ONLY IF NECESSARY. I am a heavy minimalist when it comes to car detailing. Polishing is very misunderstood and people are quick to jump to it when trying to solve a clearcoat problem.

  2. Paint Sealant. Klasse All-In-One is a great acrylic sealant with chemical polishers (not a real polish). You can add Klasse HGSG for additional layers of protection. One coat lasts six months or more!

  1. Wax. If you use paint sealant, wax becomes more of an aesthetic thing, to make your paint gleam. Being as it doesn't last as long or protect as well as sealant, this is just to protect your paint from mild contaminants to be washed weekly.

If money ain't no thang, as the young kids say, go for Pinnacle Souveran Paste Wax. It's a genuine concours wax, and at $80 a jar, it shows. Don't know much about the TurtleWax Ice system... but anything that calls itself "Liquid Polish" should be used in moderation.

Yikes. I feel like an auto-detailing propaganda Nazi. Only I tell the truth.

Reply to
televascular