Advice on finding an engine?

Considering buying an engine for a Honda 92 Civic DX Hatchback. I've done some searching through the JDM market online, and I'm only slightly confused ;) Living in Northern Canada so the pickings are slim and shipping is high! Just looking for something in the 400-700 dollar range, and hopefully reliable. Anything I should watch out for? Sites you'd reccomend? Things to be sure to get in purchasing an engine? Any advice would be great, I'm terribely new to all this. Thank you.

Reply to
Greyjaei

"Greyjaei" wrote in news:1159083940.866373.102740 @i42g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

The JDM engines are not necessarily guaranteed to be straight bolt-on-drop-ins. Blocks for other markets can have edditional holes that need to be plugged (mechanical fuel pump aperture, for instance), bracket holes in the wrong place your your market, that sort of thing. Be prepared to do some fabrication.

Reply to
TeGGeR®

yeah, but a 92 d15b2 is a d15b2 is a d15b2... that should be plug and play. the interesting stuff comes from d15b2 -> h23, etc.

Reply to
jim beam

jim beam wrote in news:DeednST1mOW9NYvYnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@speakeasy.net:

That's the problem. Sometimes it isn't. The lump bolts in place, but try to install all things that attach to it. Some blocks are fine, some are not.

Reply to
TeGGeR®

Reply to
Greyjaei