Buzzing sound when activating power locks

If you have a problem with a loud buzzing sound when you lock the door, I have figured out a way to fix if for free! This will work on most Honda's from 94 on up. To replace the power lock motors takes aprox-

3/4 hr each, but the motor it self is over $120 each and all 4 are different part #'s. If your willing to try you can do this. After removing the power lock motor remove the 4 screws and lift off the cover. The buzzing sound comes from the rack gear over traveling because the rubber bump stops on the 2 ends have collapsed or have been displaced allowing the pinion gear to push the rack too far and slipping once it reaches the end. The quick fix? Bend the metal tabs that held the bump stops in a little so the rack gear can not over travel and replace every thing. Wallah fixed for free. I have done several of these and it works like a charm :)
Reply to
bmagnum50

wha?!! My 2001 Civic already has squealing power lock actuators. It's not the lock itself, the squealing occurs a second after the locks have moved. I was planning on having them replaced sometime down the road, but not if it'll cost me $500 for parts alone.

Reply to
Bucky