Battery, Wiper and Power Door Locks Problem

Hi All,

Last winter (Dec '05) - I was out of station and my camry's (96 LE 4 cyl auto) battery died on me (i was out on a vacation for 3 weeks). I had AAA replace my battery when i came back.

Since then, my power door locks seem to be in a world of their own. They keep locking and unlocking themselves once the vehicle starts at no-predictable triggers.

When i tried to observe some patterns, it seemed it was related to the gear-change - but was not consistent enough.

Now on a recent long drive, i had to keep the wipers running through the length of the drive (6 hours) - and the door-unlock/lock event seemed to be triggered by the to-fro motion of the wiper. The faster the wiper interval, the worse it got !

I have never had such problems before the battery was changed. I called in AAA yet again, and they confirmed all the battery connections are done right.

A local dealer wants a 120$/hr (for as many hours) - to determine the problem and non-toyota dealers don't deal with this apparently !

Is there any connection between battery change and door locks, and between wipers, door locks ?

Thanks for any pointers !

Reply to
Arvind

See if you can trigger any kind of different behaviour by wiggling the wiring harnesses at the door hinges beginning with the driver door. Sometimes repeated flexing causes internal shorts which could explain both the dead battery and intermittent self locking.

Reply to
Daniel

Thanks Daniel, will check it up and let you know. Any other things to look for ?

Reply to
Arvind