Saab 9-5 HOT Aero

Must resist.

£8k for an 05 plater with Sat Nav and all the toys.

Outrageous value for money - and they've already been passed as OK by my boss, as a colleague is ordering a brand new estate version.

Reply to
SteveH

w.italiancar.co.uk- Ducati 750SS - Hongdou GY200

Test it an decide. The auto LPT I drove was nice, but a bit wallowy and the steering was silly light. But still a nice place to be when driver and front passenger get to choose their own vent temperature.

Reply to
carl.robson

All well and good, this modern fancy fandangled dual-zone malarkey. But the air all mixes together in the end....

Reply to
AstraVanMann

Do you like tyre smoke?

:-)

Mike P

Reply to
Mike P

Irrelevant, we all like other people's tyre smoke, and that's all that should matter.

Reply to
Douglas Payne

Yebbut weren't Saabs shit last week...?

;-)

Reply to
DanB

They're still shit - looked at the facelift 9-5 today and it was like stepping back 20 years.

On the other hand, 260bhp is quite nice.

Reply to
SteveH

Hmm, I dunno, like I said on MSN t'other night, you've never said any Saab has been anything but shit, and if you had that opinion after getting in a nearly new one today, I can't see that 260bhp, stopping for fuel every 300 miles tops (at £80 a time) and getting new front tyres every 5k miles tops - assuming you don't power understeer into ditch first - is going to make you happy :-)

Reply to
DanB

They do have comfy seats though. And a button which turns all the dash lights off except the speedo. And the ignition locks the transmission in Park when you take the key out.

Reply to
Douglas Payne

Oh and you'd have a car, based on a Vectra, but where the Vectra version of yours (the VXR) is far better to drive, and far more able to use the power. Could you handle that embarassment ;-) ? I mean, I know you don't like the VXR inside, but aside from Clarkson, who did that silly review, everyone reckons that they're actually really rather excellent. Evo had one as a long term tester, than even did track time. It never went wrong, and it kept up with some very exotic machinary cross country.

Reply to
DanB

Yeah right.

That would mean the igntion key was like on the transmission tunnel or somewhere lame like that...

How styoopid is that ?

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

On the other hand....

The Vectra is still a Vectra and I'd prefer my Vectra with a semi-prestige Saab bagde and for all the bad points about the 9-5 interior and it being rather dated to look at, you have to give them credit for not using shiny, brittle plastic everywhere and fitting sensible, comfortable seats.

Reply to
SteveH

Hahaha!

You know *full* well if anyone else had posted that they were considering a

9-5 you would have said that it was just a Vectra in drag, and because of that shit based on all the other Vectras you've tried, an then used that exact quote in reverse :-) But I wasn't suggesting for a second you should get a Vectra VXR anyway, despite it been better to drive and more power anyway as I know you wanted an Auto. Besides, what if someone at work said "Oh, that's a Vectra but not as fast?" - you'd lose friends by talking about dash boards and stuff hehe ;-)

Although, obviously this was all tongue in cheek anyway. I was more serious with the earlier points in my post, number of fuel stops, front tyres out of your own pocket, the fact you just said it was shit heh... You sure the big power would be enough to make you happy?

Reply to
DanB

(c:

Reply to
Douglas Payne

It's in the middle still, but I don't think it does the locking anymore. Or maybe it does on the autos.

Reply to
Elder

Right, that's it I'm getting a Merc ;)

Reply to
Elder

The 2002 Manual 9-5 Estate we have in the stable locks the car in reverse when you remove the key. I was assuming there'd be a similar arrangement in the Auto.

Reply to
Douglas Payne

Did it do so in a devastatingly effective manner?

Reply to
AstraVanMann

Significantly more devestating than the biblical machine that coined that phrase.

Reply to
DanB

Douglas Payne gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

I think it's just the current-shape 9-3 that doesn't.

Reply to
Adrian