Civic wheel area

Please excuse my lack of knowledge. We just got a 2005 Civic-and when you look at the tire from tire level, you can see into the engine. My husband says there is a piece of metal/plastic that should go here. The dealer says we can come look at the other civics to see if they are the same way (the dealership is 1 hour away). If youhave any suggestions, they would be most appreciated.

Reply to
mta

"mta" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@localhost.talkaboutautos.com:

That's because in this latest generation of Civic, Honda moved the steering rack up from its former location, and then had to make a hole through the inner fender for it. Prior generations had the steering rack about in line with the lower control arm, so it was below the inner fender.

It's normal and there is no plastic cover.

And yeah, I though it was a bit odd too, when I first saw it.

Reply to
TeGGer®

yup, thats the way the civics are(2001-05), maybe next year when they redesign the 2006 civic it will be different

Reply to
Jamco

Civic and RSX (Acura) are like that. It is normal. Don't worry about it.

Reply to
Frank